Historical Tour of Great Britain and France
“I loved the castles, cathedrals, and anything really old. I met Christians from all over the world, and I got to live for a short while with a Scottish family, with whom I still keep in contact. It was worth every penny, and I wish I had the opportunity to do it again.”
Tyler Wickstrom – 2008
About the Tour
The climax of the Covenant High School field trip experience is the Great Britain Historical Tour. Every two years, the juniors and seniors explore England, Scotland, and Paris and Northwest France on a 15-day historical tour.
The tour is designed to inspire a deeper love for Christ and His Church and the men and women of faith who gave their all for Him. Students enjoy warm fellowship with believers from the United Kingdom who open their homes for part of the tour.
Sites of literary, historical and cultural value are explored that reinforce previous instruction. Since our first tour in 1996, students, teachers and parent chaperones have been wonderfully blessed through this extraordinary experience.
Goals of the Tour
- Increase love for Christ and his church by meeting and worshiping with believers from other lands and by strengthening understanding of and appreciation for heroes of church history–from Augustine of Canterbury in the 6th century to C.S. Lewis in the 20th century.
- Gain a higher perspective on the world and life that can help students be less self-referential and more expansive in their point of view.
- Make history, literature and the arts come alive by visiting historical sites and seeing great museum collections and plays to reinforce CHS classroom instruction.
- Whet the students’ appetite for further reading, learning and travel.
- Enjoy the unique experience of traveling with Christian peers, teachers and chaperones.