Covenant High School strives to deepen our students’ relationship with Jesus Christ and prepare them for fruitful and joyful service to God and man. Our school was founded in 1992 as a ministry of Faith Presbyterian Church. We enroll approximately 110 students each year from a variety of churches throughout the South Sound. Our curriculum is shaped by the Word of God, while our students are taught proper reasoning, analysis and communication. Additionally, students at Covenant are not just taught knowledge about the Scriptures and academic tools, but rather, they are taught to absorb our motto, “To Glorify and Enjoy God Forever.” As a Christian school and ministry of a church, interested applicants should agree with our statement of faith available in the first few pages of our school handbook.
- Full-Time Science Teacher:
- Teach a variety of science and math classes including Chemistry, Biology, and Physical Science from distinctly Christian perspective
- Invest in student’s lives by serving as a mentor to a small group of ten to twelve students during a weekly extended lunch meeting
- Collaborate with faculty and administration to continually improve the student experience through curriculum refinement and creative pedagogical strategies
- Contribute to the student body, attending our annual Fall retreat and at least one student social per semester
- Team with Principal to develop a professional development plan to continuously improve pedagogical strategies and content knowledge
- Requirements and Qualifications
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Christian Education
- Knowledge and familiarity with Reformed Tradition
- Enthusiastic about mentoring and investing in student’s lives
- Basic comprehension of Microsoft Office and adept at using online grading systems (Renweb)
- At least three years of teaching science; preference given to candidates with High School teaching experience
- A. degree in related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Part-Time Bus Driver:
- Responsibilities: Individual is responsible for the safe transportation of students to activities. Must have a clean driving record and a CDL type B or an eagerness to complete training before beginning work.
- Please email your cover letter and resume to Principal David Miller at email@example.com to apply for the position.