Statement of Faith
Covenant High School embraces the Bible as the inerrant, infallible Word of God: “All Scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16). The school regards the Westminster Confession of Faith as a faithful summary of the central truths of Scripture. Key tenets from the Westminster Confession include the following:
- God is a Triune God – the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is God’s infallible and authoritative Word to man. It is the only standard by which faith and practice are to be measured.
- The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever.
- Man is created in the image of God. Through his relationship to Adam, man is a sinner by nature and does himself sin. He is thus alienated from God, his neighbor and the world. All are sinners.
- Jesus Christ is the only Savior of sinners, the only way to the Father. He died as a substitute for sinners and was raised from the dead so that they might be reconciled to God.
- Eternal life is a gift that is received through faith in Jesus alone. Eternal life is neither deserved by anyone, nor can it be earned by good deeds.